Let’s talk about the pain points associated with chemical safety management
Typically, Health and safety personnel are on the ground and often have very limited time at their desk. Chemical safety management requires persistence and often involves a lot of document management. From our experience with dealing with our clients we have come across the most common pain points associated with Chemical safety management.
- Regardless of how important chemical safety is, it is only one small part of an EHS’s job.
- Safety data Sheets management is an ongoing task and it can often lead to many SDS’s being out of date if not managed correctly.
- For many organisations problems can arise when there is a lack of one standard system across different areas which leads to problems such as duplicates and often excess work for responsible personnel.
- Other problems could be that the excess work is being done however, there is a poor system in place for the distribution of SDS & RA information.
- Organisations which have their chemical management under control understand the amount of time and resources involved in ensuring compliance.
- The lack of consistence can lead to no overall picture of Chemical safety compliance across the organisation.
- No handle on hazards on site (Carcinogens, Pregnancy Hazards, Flammables etc)
- Manual cumbersome Chemical RA Form
With the use of EcoOnline, we have seen first-hand the resolution of all pain points effecting EHS’s personnel. Here at EcoOnline, we source SDS’s directly from the manufacture and upload a PDF version of the sheet onto our system. We then collect the information from Section 1, 2, 3, 9, 14 and regulations for all EcoOnline clients. This information is populated into our database and displayed in an easily understood product screen. Our system also allows you to complete COSHH risk assessments and pull reports on this information so you can keep track of your hazardous products without having to update and keep track on and off-line register. You also have the security of knowing that your product SDSs are annually reviewed to ensure the SDSs are up to date and list the current hazards for your products.
GET IN TOUCH